Fri, 17 Sep 2021

Beginners Guide to US Citizenship and Immigration Services

iCrowd Newswire
15 Sep 2021, 03:19 GMT+10

In case you are an immigrant, it is important to have some basic knowledge to US citizenship and immigration services in order for you to understand how the system works. There are several channels where immigrants can obtain their green cards. For example, they can apply for them online through a designated agency or via the mail. A green card can be temporary or permanent.

Important Specifications to Know:

1. Applicable Candidates Surety:

The U.S. government issues permanent resident status to people who have lived in America for more than two years. On the other hand, a green card is granted to an immigrant when he or she has lived in the U.S. for at least five years. Both of these kinds of status require that the immigrant undergo a background check by the government. This is to ensure that the immigrant is not a criminal who would pose a security risk by being here illegally. Click here for more information.

2. Varied Visa Deny Possibilities:

If you have applied for a green card and you have a criminal record, the application might be denied. Reasons given by the immigration authorities for denial vary. However, the most common reason why green card applications are rejected is because the foreign national does not have proof of a job or salary. A proof of residence card will help the authorities to verify employment and salary.

3. Permanent Visa Status:

Permanent resident status can be a better choice for those who want to work legally in the U.S., as well as for those who want to visit or do business in the country. Having a green card, however, does not grant permission to live and work permanently in the U.S., nor does it give you the right to enter any part of the country. To gain access to those benefits, an immigrant must first apply for adjustment of status. This process is done in person, by visiting the nearest U.S. consulate, or through a request for an application for adjustment of status in the form of a letter.

4. Some Required Documents:

When you visit a U.S. consulate, there are various types of documents that you will need to hand over. These include proof of your identity, as well as your passport or birth certificate. You will also need a copy of your employment contract or the original contract, if you have changed employers since you obtained your green card. Your immigrant status application can be accompanied by several letters that will serve as evidence of your application. You will be asked to accompany your application with these letters, unless you are applying for a visa.

5. Distinct Adjudication Process:

Immigrants' rights are not always recognized in the same way in every state. However, most states have similar immigration services and procedures, which are commonly known as the Adjudication Process. The applicant must first be granted a hearing by an administrative law judge. At this point, the judge will make a decision based on the merits of the case and determine whether the applicant is eligible for a green card or for citizenship and relief from immigration services. If the judge rules in favor of the applicant, he/she will issue a green card. You can get more comprehensive information on this wesite regarding immigration status.

6. Immigration Admission:

Immigration authorities are also called immigration judges, or an adjudicator. An applicant can choose to remain in the country legally without having a green card. This is called an immigrant admission. However, when the applicant wishes to stay and work legally, he/she must first apply for an adjustment to their status. To do so, the applicant must go through the appeals process. Once the paperwork has been submitted and reviewed, it will be presented to an immigration judge who will decide the outcome of the case.


If you wish to become an immigrant, the first step is to obtain your green card. From this point forward, anyone who seeks an adjustment of status or an immigrant visa must first seek green card help from an attorney who specializes in immigration law. The attorney will help you fill out the proper forms and submit them to the appropriate offices. Once you have received your green card, you can begin your new life as a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Tags:No PR, English

Sign up for Boston News

a daily newsletter full of things to discuss over drinks.and the great thing is that it's on the house!